: Right food problems  ( 268 )

markem

• Administrator
  • : 2,128
Right food problems
« : May 13, 2017, 04:06:29 PM »
My right foot is still acting up. It is trying to roll over on me and make me walk on the top of it. I have gone to a chiropractor twice but so far he is just talking and taking x-rays. I am thinking of going to go see a podiatrist. It is so bad today that I had to ride in one of those go-carts at HEB in order to shop. I barely made it to the front of the store. One of the HEB people there unplugged the machine for me and got it ready because they could see me hopping up towards them. I almost wasn't able to get the groceries into the house. I think that constitutes enough trauma for me to go to a podiatrist.

It really, really hurts. But I managed to pop the bones again and the pain has subsided a bit. Probably need to just stay laying down for today. :-(

Myth Dominion

• : 1,190
Re: Right food problems
« #1 : May 13, 2017, 04:29:55 PM »
   Is it something like over pronation?

markem

• Administrator
« #2 : May 13, 2017, 07:59:10 PM »
What's that?

I think it is happening because the bones in my foot are out of joint. I'm hoping the podiatrist can do something about it. Or maybe give me a boot to wear.

markem

• Administrator
« #3 : May 13, 2017, 08:00:20 PM »
Ah! Just looked it up. I'm not sure but I am sure a podiatrist can tell me if it is. :-)

markem

• Administrator
« #4 : May 16, 2017, 04:41:07 PM »
Foot still giving me problems. Have to go to Petsmart to get cat food and a flea collar for the dog and some more dog treats. Hurts to walk on it and I wouldn't go except I am out of cat food. I may get something to eat also while I am out. :-/

markem

• Administrator
« #5 : May 17, 2017, 12:05:26 PM »
Ok - really bad news

First, after going to a foot doctor - he took x-rays. All of the bones in the middle of the foot are disjointed. Some are pointing at the bottom of the foot. They gave me a special boot where you can pump up different parts of it up. I am going to have to wear this for three weeks and then go back. Then they are going to create a special boot for me (probably around $500). If the bones don't start going back to where they are supposed to be - they may have to take the foot. It is that bad. :-(

I have been having night sweats. I thought it was just because I was sleeping under the blankets but last night I lay on top of the bed. It is because of the foot. By morning the foot is almost normal but just walking for five or ten minutes it begins to swell. Right now - with the boot on - it still hurts but I'm walking more on the bottom of the foot than the side. But it is also weird because of the air pump in the boot. Sort of like walking on a trampoline. :-/
« : May 17, 2017, 12:07:46 PM markem »

Myth Dominion

• : 1,190
« #6 : May 17, 2017, 08:02:17 PM »
     Oh no!!   That is terrible.   I hope that everything works out with the boot.   It hurts to just think about that.   It sounds like the air pumped boot is already helping a little.   Are they planning on having you do some sort of physical therapy as well?   

markem

• Administrator
« #7 : May 17, 2017, 08:49:30 PM »
No. They want the inflamation to go do but no drugs to help. They say it will probably take two or three months. :-(